Monday, February 1, 2016

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Volume 22: Ultimatum


  Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-2009) #TP Vol 22
 The original Ultimate Spider-man run comes to a close with some of the most thrilling and deadly adventures ever faced by Peter Parker. At first, everything seems to be going the wallcrawler's way. The police love him, the media isn't opposed to his efforts (for once), and he's finally found love with Mary Jane Watson. But you know that nothing ever stays perfect for Parker. Enter: Magneto's Ultimatum!

   I've not read the Ultimatum miniseries yet. In fact, I don't think I own it. But I know that Magneto's beef with humanity finally reaches it's breaking point when the mutant madman unleashes an epic tsunami upon the Big Apple. Heroes will die, friendships tested, and only Spider-man can save the day!

   It took forever for my local library to pick up this volume. I was so tempted to buy the issues that made up this book but I never could find them for a good price and I never gave up hope that my library would complete this collection. The good thing about having taken so long to read this after the 'War of the Symbiotes' is that basically none of those prior events affect this storyline, so I didn't feel lost or having to catch up on past events. 

   That being said, I think the odds of my library ever carrying Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Volume 1 (2009-2011), the next series to star the Parker Spidey (before Miles Morales assumed the role) is probably slim to none. So, add that to my wish list.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment