Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Armchair Puzzlers: Optical Teasers by Al Seckel


  


   This collection of optical illusions and visual puzzles is comprised of some classics (like the Duck/Rabbit) and some I've never seen before (like a negative spaced image of Christ.) It was a fun read that boasted solutions to brain  teasers such as which line is longer.
   
   Author Al Seckel is considered a leading expert in visual and sensory illusions. But I wish that the author would've spent a little more time explaining why things were as they seem.  One type of illusion I absolutely hate involves if one area of a picture is lighter or darker than another. The answer is almost always that thewy are the same color. Yet I just can't see it. It's tricks of the eye like that that I wish our resident expert on the field explained why I couldn't see the effects he describes.

   Trippy stuff that needs more to make it a truly enjoyable read. 

   Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment