Friday, May 27, 2016

Family Comic Friday CANCELLED On Account of Surgery!!!

 
  Loyal readers, today is when I would post my weekly Family Comic Friday review. But today, I had to cancel that on account that I'm due for surgery in less than 3 hours. 

     Late last year, I was driving home when I noticed a pain just under my right elbow. I thought maybe after a long day in the kitchen, it was just sore and with my other hand, I tried to massage it a little. Only instead of a tight muscle, I found a lump. 

    Over the past about 8 months or so I've had numerous MRIs, doctor appointments, and headaches with medical billing but it's been determined that I have a tumor under my right elbow. Complicating matters is that the mass is growing right over a blood vessel, resulting in not just the pain I felt but circulation problems as well. So, we've made the decision to get this removed before it gets any worse.

   My doctor says that it's non-cancerous. But they are going to biopsy the tumor anyways. I'm not wishing cancer on myself and I am thinking positive on things. But I am also not so oblivious to the fact that there's a small but real chance that the doctor's got it wrong and it is cancer. I'd rather be aware of the possibility than be one of those people who say 'But you said it was fine!' and their whole world comes crashing down.

    All this being said
I would love to say that I'll be punching out reviews again tomorrow. I've got tons of books to review. But, it all depends on how I'm feeling. So, just keep tuning in and I'll be back as soon as I'm feeling up to it again!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment