Friday, May 20, 2016

Nothing to Fix by Fiona Van Verth & Noni Harris (Family Comic Friday)

    Last week I shared the story of a trio of local girl scouts who created their own comic books to raise funds for their troop. Well, it's been a week since we looked at Sara T's historical novel. Now it's time to review the other creation.

   Nothing to Fix was created by Fiona Van Verth & Noni Harris. It's the story of two young girls on their way to camp. One is a goody-goody. The other is a little bit rebellious. But when the chance comes to explore the camp by sneaking out, the two find that they have much more in common than they first expected.

   The artwork of Nothing to Fix has elements of Manga and Adventure Time. It was an interesting read and was created like a professional comic in that if you were to lay the pages flat, you would see on the front a page from the beginning and back of the book. Then flip it out, and the process would be the same. I was very impressed with this level of technical merit.

   That being said, my copy ended abruptly with the girls sneaking out. There wasn't a 'The End' or posting for the story being to be continued. I hope I didn't get a copy that was missing the last page. I don't think I did but I am not sure.


The creators at Chapel Hill Comics, Free Comic Book Day 2016!

    Last week, I mentioned that copies of the comics were supposed to be for sale at Chapel Hill Comics. I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. But if you do get a copy of this book from the great crew at CHC, make sure your copy has all the pages. OR ask if Fiona and Noni are planning in making Nothing to Fix a miniseries with more issues in the future.

   Check out both Nothing to Fix and Boadicca. They were really cool works and the funds go to a great cause.

   Worth Consuming!

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

  Oh and check out the listing for Nothing to Fix here at stashmycomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment