Thursday, February 2, 2017

1977: A Madman Turns 40: 2017- Day 33

  It's Groundhog Day. 

  So, of course, I went online to find out what the Groundhog saw (or didn't see back in 1977.) 40 years ago, Mr. Groundhog saw his shadow. That meant 6 more weeks of winter in a year that saw both some of the coldest days on record and an energy crisis because of all the massive snow that hit the Northeast.

   On this same day, in upstate New York, it fell a record 31 degrees in just 4 hours! On top of that, more snow fell adding to the epic totals that had already fallen a week earlier. I'm telling you, 1977 was cold- darn cold! 

    It's gotta be why I love snow and the cold, and yet from the Old North State. I hope Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow this year. I really want some more snow! I'm addicted!

    Until tomorrow...

    

No comments:

Post a Comment