Wednesday, April 12, 2017

1977: A Madman Turns 40: 2017- Day 102

    I know I've not been around very much the past week or so. I didn't mean to be away but some things at my work got really, really serious and not in a good way. Playing on my anxiety disorder heavily, the events at work have taken it's toll. I've been afraid of my shadow- but I've also been working to get out of the situation as well. 

   In some ways, it has sparked a sort of mid-life crisis. 

   Last year, I got my dream job as a culinary instructor. Right now, I can only teach part-time but with some certifications and more education, I can increase the number of hours I can be a chef instructor. Well, I am convinced after the troubles I have been having at work and the meeting I had a couple of days later when the dean of culinary, that God is telling me it's time to focus on the ultimate goal- teaching full-time.

    In 2 weeks, I will be free from my current full-time position. But the fear and anxiety still linger there. Oddly enough, the thought of going part-time, becoming a house-husband, and going back to some sort of schooling doesn't add to it. I hope I will be able to post again daily (not just A Madman Turns 40 but my reviews of books and other things geek.) But it's also been hard not to want to hide under a rock. But today's post is a start.

   I'll be back soon...

   Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment