Saturday, April 22, 2017

1977: A Madman Turns 40: 2017- Day 112


   I know it's been a while since I have done A Madman Turns 40 posting. It's been a crazy month. But things are changing- for the good- and I should be having some more availability to do post again very soon.

   Today's look at my favorite year has a couple of noteworthy achievements. 



   First of all marks the opening of the first Broadway show of Annie. It's the musical adventure of the young orphan girl who rises from the ashes and gets adopted by the ultra-rich baldy, Daddy Warbucks. Based on the comic strip Little Orphan Annie, the show ran for 3,277 performances (77- there's that number again. Huh...) and spawned 2 film versions, a beloved soundtrack, and made Annie a household name again. 



    Then from the Strange But True file, New York Yankees Manager Billy Martin had a unique strategy in his match-up against the Toronto Blue Jays. He picked his starting line-up out of a hat! Not only did he allow fate to choose for him- the Yankees won 8-6! I wonder if he used the hat for when he needed relief pitchers...?

    Well, that's my look at my favorite year for the day. Hopefully I'll be back real soon to look at another aspect of 1977.

   Until then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment