Monday, June 5, 2017

Batman '66 Meets The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

  

When a new operative of the criminal organization THRUSH frees all of the inmates from Arkham, Batman and Robin must join forces with the Man from U.N.C.L.E.!

Jeff Parker returns to the Batman '66 universe in this 2016 crossover! All of your classic television favorites are here including Batgirl, Egghead, Napoleon Solo, and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin. (Man, did my mom have a crush on him!) There's even a few 'modern' villains such as Poison Ivy and a mystery player involved. Sorry- I can't spoil it! (But I can tell you- I saw the plot twist from a mile away!)

Other than what my mother has told me about the Man From U.N.C.L.E., I have never seen the show. But my mom was what you would call a super-fan of the show. So, I think I have a decent idea of what sort of flow to expect from the U.N.C.L.E. characters. Considering that the Batman '66 segments fit very well with that show's personality, I would say that Jeff Parker did an admirable job combining the two franchises.
 
 My favorite part of this book was the art. David Hahn (Suicide Girls) does a fine job at capturing the Batman '66 look of both the show and comic book series. But of course, more than anything, I dug Madman's Mike Allred's groovy covers. I really want to see him take on a 4-issue crossover between Batman '66 and Star Trek '66- and not just the covers. I think it would be wild!

Great fun for those nostalgic fans of classic TV and classic comic books!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment