Friday, July 21, 2017

Teen Titans Go! Volume 3: Mumbo Jumble (Family Comic Friday)

 
   A couple of weeks ago, I reviewed what I thought was a collection of Teen Titans Go! comics based on the cartoon of the same name. What it turned out to be were reprints of comics based on the original Teen Titans series. While the book was really good, it wasn't what I was hoping for. Well, this time I got my hands on the genuine article.

    From a run-in with the Tamaranean Flu to a not-so-friendly baseball game with the Titans East squad to a big-time Hollywood producer wanting to turn the Titans into reality stars, these were the type of adventures I had been looking for. 

    Yes, this current version of the show has a lot of haters. But I for one like both versions of the show. But I am a bigger fan of TTG! I love that the same voice actors are used. I adore how the Titans make fun of themselves. And Beast Boy is my spirit animal, Yo!

    Sholly Fisch is one of my favorite all-ages writers. He has such a love and devotion to the classic DC source material while keeping his pulse on the new trends as well. Fisch is incredible on Scooby-Doo Team-Up and he did an fantastic job on these Titans books as well. Maybe he should write for the show?

     With additional writing and art by talents such as Derek Fridolfs, Merrill Hagan, Lea Hernandez, and others, this volume was a delight. It captures the loony spirit of the show without being too goofy. Every page was funny and a joy to read. The young reader in your life will delight in these as well.

     Worth Consuming!

     Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment