Saturday, August 19, 2017

Clue #3

I'm going to say that issue #2 was a hiccup because this issue was great. The smarmy British charm of Upton is back. Interactions with the editor in relation to the story is back and quite funny. Plus, it feels more like an interactive whodunit again as opposed to a closed off episode of Law & Order. 

In this issue Professor Plum and Dr. Orchid are on the run from the detectives called to investigate Mr. Boddy's death. Colonel Mustard's complex past is revealed. Plus Sen. White and Mr. Green get really excited about Scarlet's bouquet of flowers. 

This issue felt like I was playing the game Clue again. Issue #2 did not! I don't have any idea who is behind the murders. Well, I have a theory- that I won't share least I spoil it- but it's kinda out there. 

Judge Dredd's Nelson Daniel continues to amazing with the art. But once again, it's the anonymous colorist of this series that is the real star of the book. Come on IDW- give that person or person's their just due. They really add to the game feel of this book and if it was up to me, I'd nominate them for an Eisner.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment