Thursday, February 1, 2018

Axe Cop, Volume 3


I really enjoy this extremely bizarre but tons o' fun series. Illustrated by Ethan Nicolle, the art is very clean and very iconic. The stories are the stuff of imagination. The imagination of a young 5-year old child; Ethan's brother, Malachi. 

But like I told the owner of the comic book store in which I bought this collection, this series isn't going last forever. After a while, Malachi is going to get older and he's not going want to keep coming up with stories full of potty humor, axe wielding officers of the peace, and tons of other really silly stories. And I think I might be right about this.

Doing a search, there's not been a new Axe Cop series published since 2014. Going on to the Axe Cop website where this series began as a web comic, there hasn't been any new work added since September of last year.

This collection of shorts includes a number of Ask Axe Cop vignettes in which AC gives really bad advice. Plus, there's a fantastic crossover with another one of my favorite all-time web comics- Dr. McNinja! 

Are Axe Cop's best days behind him? I hope not because I am such a fan of this series. But I would completely understand if the end of Axe Cop is at hand. Though if in about 15 years, Axe Cop returns with Malachi Noelle being the illustrator and Ethan's young son or daughter becomes the next mastermind of the Axe Cop universe, that would be so cool.

Talk about things going around in full circle. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment