Thursday, February 8, 2018

Yets! Book 2


There's this great TV show that my wife and I love to watch. It's called Better Late Than Never. It's a reality series that follows William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw, and Henry Winkler as they travel around the world. It's extremely funny. However, there's only a very limited number of episodes filmed each season.

So when a new episode airs, we savor it. While we could just watch the show right then and there, my wife and I might wait a couple of days before watching it. We might even watch half of the one hour show one night and the other half a day later, just to prolong fun experience. 

That's how I feel about Mike Bocianowski's Yets!. I've only been able to find 3 issues of this 2003 series from Airwave Comics. I've tried searching for more issues and I really have gotten nowhere. I feel in love with this fantasy series by the very last page of the first issue and I could have dove into the other books. But I wanted these great characters to last!

There's Sir Perry, a guinea pig sent on a mission to scout out the canopy of the great tree that sits in the middle of the land of Chlem. His airship just crashed thanks to a flying yet (don't call them dragons!) and he's itching to get back in the air.

There's Spec, the mutt with a heart of gold who thinks he's a chihuahua. He's happy being a guest of honor at the Yet reservation.

There's Yet- the little Yet who's fall from the sky sparked Perry and Spec's exploration of the higher ground.

And now there's Vance, a Yet who has become the caretaker and guide to Sir Perry and Spec as they visit the Res.

Mike Bocianowski does such an amazing job on this book. The art is so clean and expressive. His writing is whimsical and funny. I really love this series and this chapter did not disappoint me one bit.

There's only one issue left. But I am not going to read it just yet (even though I very well could.) I am not ready for this series to end.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment