Monday, December 1, 2008

The Analects (Penguin Classics)


WORTH CONSUMING!

Finally- Eastern Philosophy. I had gotten sooooo tired of Western Philosophy; I thought I was in a gladiator movie. Okay, bad joke.

But why choose Confucius? I’m going to show my age here, but I choose him mostly due to the means of why I am most familiar with him. Remember Funky Winkerbean? Sure, it’s still runs today, but remember when Funky was funny and actually starred Funky? Well I do, and in fact, I remember how Funky would read the works of Confucius. They were very insightful and wise- only they were twisted at the end with a joke. So, I thought, okay- it’s safer to try than something I had no idea about.

Well, it freaked my wife out. While in this joyous holiday season, I got depressed. So my wife was afraid I was searching for a new religion. Safely to say, she had nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment