Monday, June 22, 2009

"The Murder of Roger Ackroyd"

WORTH CONSUMING!

This is my second foray into Agatha Christie. While I liked this book very much, I prefer the narrative flow of “Murder on the Orient Express” much better. By the discovery of the wedding ring, the book gets a little too wordy and I felt like I was reading Keats or worse, Shakespeare. I chalk this up to this being an early, early work of the author’s. (This had originally been a fear of mine as to why I hadn’t read Christie’s stuff yet- thankfully, it gets better within a couple of chapters)

But, I understand why this book had to be written from the first person and I appreciate this books twists and turns. And while this book has a wild ending as well as MOTOE, this ending was much more plausible.

I also would like to tout myself as having guessed who the murderer was by chapter 10. I was clueless about the subplots. But, I got the murderer of Roger Ackroyd just right!

Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment