Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Booster Gold/The Flintstones Special #1

Dating in the 25th century is hard enough without having prehistoric aliens invading. In order to investigate their misjudgment of the time stream, Booster Gold and his alien sidekick Skeetz must travel millions of years into the past. Booster arrives in the prehistoric past where he must seek the help of Fred and Barney. 
   
Mark Russell continues his exciting run with the modern stone age family. While the story was quite entertaining it wasn't the best of this book.

 In the second feature was a modern look at the Jetsons. While I absolutely hated their sleek look, the story was fantastic. In it, George's mother is dying of some dread disease and with daughter Judy's help, Mother Jetson has her consciousness transferred into a robot. Oh, and Grandma's name? Would you believe, Rosie???

Yes- I gave away a big spoiler but if you've been keeping up with the forthcoming releases on social media, you'll know that this giant plot point has long been revealed. 

I've gotten really behind on my reviews. This book dropped in March and I probably read it within a week of it's release. But when I read the Jetsons story I just knew that this was setting up a new offering in DC's Hanna-Barbera Universe line of reboots. I for one will be first in line for it when it arrives in stores this November.

A good first act. An amazing second feature. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment