Saturday, April 15, 2017

1977: A Madman Turns 40: 2017- Day 105

 
  It's a very happy day here at Casa Madman- Doctor Who returns today!

  I've been watching Doctor Who since I was a little guy. I'd come home from pre-school or kindergarten and every day at 5pm on PBS, I'd watch the adventures of the Doctor and his TARDIS as he battled monsters, robots, and baddies galore.



   So in honor of tonight's season premieres, let's look at Doctor Who in the year I was born.

   In 1977, the Doctor was the bohemian Tom Baker. With his unruly hair, wicked sense of humor, and extremely long scarf, Baker was and still is a fan-favorite. (His replacement, Peter Davison is MY Doctor. But Baker is clearly in my top 5!)



    The Fourth Doctor's companion in 1977 was the warrior Leela. Played by Louise Jameson, she added a bit of sex appeal to the series as she ran around most of the time in a leather bikini. But she was fierce and could kick serious butt.

    Another companion of the Doctor was his robot dog, K-9. He was oh so faithful to the Doctor, calling him master and using his lasers to save the Doctor when the chips were down.



    One of my favorite things about the show was the theme song. I'm addicted to every version and variant of it. So before I go, I just had to share with you the theme as it would've been in good ole 1977.

    Enjoy...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment