Friday, August 1, 2008

"Meditations (Penguin Classics)"


WORTH CONSUMING!

For those of you familiar with my quest to read through the Dewey Decimal system, I sometimes give up on the hard books and follow through to an easier book. I’m well read, but easy to bore. The book I tried to read for this section of the Dewey D. System was similar to a conversation with Frasier Crane. It’s insightful, border-line entertaining, filled with high culture references and once it’s done, you still haven’t a clue what he was talking about. Before completing ’Meditations", I completed, for this project, ’The Analects" of Confucius. Meditations has a lot of similarities to that earlier work. So many, it was flat out weird that 2 men from two different cultures, religions, and eras, could have works survive hundreds of years and be so….

A good read, though I got kinda bored with it after Book 10 and the sections started to become a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment