Monday, August 18, 2008

“Ranting Again”- by Dennis Miller


NOT WORTH CONSUMING

Ever had a vacation that started off really well and then all heck broke loose- ruining everything? You lose your tickets home, wallet gets stolen, and Grandpa dies on the way to the Little Miss Sunshine Pageant (Yeah- I just spoiled!) Those vacations suck.

Know what sucks even more, have such a vacation happen at a place you’ve visited time and time again and never had a problem before- only now you swear never to return.

Well, that’s how I feel about Dennis Miller. On SNL, he was the anti-establishment leader for my generation Okay- technically, I was too young, but I watched SNL when he did Weekend Update and loved it- and yes, I saw it new, NOTRERUN!!!

The first half of this book is classic Miller, but then something happened mid-way somewhere around the Lewinsky scandal. The smart alec that you father couldn’t stand suddenly was you dad! And it doesn’t work. Miller midway this book becomes the establishment!!!

And I know you’re thinking B-S!!!! But it’s true. Nowadays, you can find Dennis Miller yukking in up with Bill O’Reilly- and what’s worse, Miller’s now being the Ed McMahon to Bill’s Carnac The Magnificent. Hey- I can throw in obscure references with the best of ‘em. I learned from the Master!

It’s just sad when the guy you expect to shove it to Congress starts taking it. Has Miller gotten old? To some degree yes- it’s that point in his career when you start thinking “How much older does Keith Richards have to get before he crumbles into dust- but man is he a god on the guitar!”

Sorry Dennis- you’ve past your prime.

That’s not just my opinion- and no, I’m not wrong!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment