Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I Watched a Wild Hog Eat My Baby: A Colorful History of Tabloids and Their Cultural Impact"


 Not at all what I was expecting! True- this is a history of the Tabloids, but it focuses too much on the 1950’s and early 60’s and not enough on the meat of the Tabs- namely 1968-1995.

  This book read more like a business book and not a history into the stories themselves. When it does spend time on those stories, this book shines, but the author spend too much time on gross sales and circulations. So much, I thought I was reading line graphs and pie charts. Plus, there should have been more pictures of celebs and covers- particularly an example of the WEEKLYWORLDNEWS.

  I’d say my like/hate ratio is spot on 50/50, so I will not rate this book in the negative or positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment