Monday, December 7, 2009

"Kamandi: At Earth's End #1 of 6 (Elseworlds, 1993)"

Kamandi is one of those titles that I kick myself for not keeping. When I was younger, I’d order those comic books grab bags advertised in back issues and when it would arrive, I would receive dozens of Kamandi’s, New Gods, and Mister Miracles. At the time, I thought they were crap. Nowadays, an issue fetches about $15-30 bucks apiece.

 D’oh!

  This Elseworlds tale involves Kamandi being forced by his computerized “Mother” to kill a mysterious man in Arizona. Along the way, he meets a guy who just happens to have an unlimited supply of gasoline and guns. This is pretty standard fare. Although, there is a mysterious being known of “Ben Boxer” following them, so the real mystery is if he is a friend of foe.
   Worth Consuming, but it needs to get really good by the next issue, or I am really going to hate this entire mini-series.

No comments:

Post a Comment