Monday, October 15, 2012

Living in Infamy #1


How to sum up this book? The cover says it all. Imagine it’s the last scene from Goodfellas in which Henry Hill picks up his paper. Only, Henry Hill wasn’t a mobster, but a super villain who turned state's evidence and wound up in witness protection.
That’s what Living in Infamy is all about and I think it’s brilliant. The characters are engaging, the art fantastic, and I was cursing myself for only having the first issue of this mini-series. I cannot wait to get my hands on the last 3 books of this series. An aside, I love publisher Ludovico Technique’s logo. It’s Alex’s eye from that iconic scene in A Clockwork Orange in which he’s bound to a chair and forced to watch violence. The eye looks just like Malcolm McDowell’s. A very clever nod to Kubrick's classic film.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment