Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DC Retroactive Green Lantern The 80s #1


DC Retroactive: Green Lantern - The 80's #1
   This retroactive has a lost tale featuring John Stewart. It reveals why he forwent wearing a mask and a secret identity. The story was very clever and the art was classic.

   The reprint tale has Hal Jordan returning from a year-long exile in outer space. It also explains why John Stewart replaced Hal- a mystery I never understood ever since I saw Stewart’s first appearance on a magazine stand in a 1980s Rite Aid when I was not even in Kindergarten. (Yes- I’m old!) It too is a very good story and it features wonderful 1980s DC art, of which I am a huge fan.

   I only wish Guy Gardner was in this book. He’s on the cover, but nowhere to be found in it’s contents. Bummer.

   Worth Consuming.

   Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment