Monday, April 1, 2013

Batman Vol. 1: The Court of Owls (The New 52)



My first foray into the New 52! and I love it! Batman was one of the few characters to not see a major overhaul during the reboot and it was a smart move. The Dark Knight is such a hot DC property that to mess with the formula now would be a big fiscal blunder.
Here, the Batman family are threatened by the Court of Owls, a Gotham City Illuminati. With tons of twists and turns, you question both Batman’s sanity and the alliegance of some of his most trusted allies AND dangerous enemies! I was a little confused at first. I expected Batman to run into his Earth 2 criminal alter-ego, Owlman and for some reason, I thought Knight & Squire were members of the Court of Owls.
The art was spectacular. I’ve never seen the Joker look more demented. I love the warm faces of the Waynes and their gritty masks as the Batman family. Writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo are the next Generation Batman’s team of Morrison and Quietly and I hope they are here to stay.
Bring on volume 2. 

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment