Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Masters of the Universe #1


This book was obviously created way before the cartoon ever came out and probably only had prototypes of the figures to base their drawings on. Sorceress looks more like Teela and Teela looks nothing like anyone I’ve ever seen on the show or toy line. Man-at-Arms looks more like the action figure without his mustache. Plus, folks keep calling him an “Old Man”, yet he’s drawn to look about the same age as his daughter Teela.

I was excited when I found this in a dime book bin at one of my favorite comic book shops. But, with a very jumbled storyline and a character called Zodiac, who seems like a knock-off of Kirby’s Metron what with his cosmic chair and mission to observe the cosmos, I can see why all three books of this mini-series was selling for only 3 dimes.


I’m not happy with my purchase. I hope it gets better quick.

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment