Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Masters of the Universe #3


Masters of the Universe finishes in such a way that good triumphs over evil, but it doesn’t eliminate the bad guys. Otherwise, there’d be no reason to watch He-Man on TV.

The art improved in issue 2, but no further improvements are made in this issue. Also, the ending seems a little forced as I think the writers were running out of pages for their story and still hand a handful of characters to introduce.

I was somewhat happy with the ending and I enjoyed the fact that DC put a small reader’s guide in the back of the issue to explain any nits like why Sorceress looks like Teela! (so that's why!!!) and reveals that He-Man actually appears in a couple of team-ups with Superman in the pages of DC Presents. I must get my hands on those.

The series started off weak but got better. It’s no Shakespeare, but then again I hate Shakespeare.


Worth Consuming, but don’t pay more than a buck or less per issue.

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment