Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"Essential X-Men Vol. 1"



An item I wish I still had was my X-Men coffee mug. On it was Wolverine, Storm, Havok, Colossus, and Rogue…maybe a couple more. I wasn’t a big X fan, but I loved the mug. - loved the characters esp. Colossus and Beast. But why not a fan of the series? Because each issues ended with the words “To Be Continued.” Now, thanks to Marvel Essentials, I can read every issue, in order, and never have to worry about TBC.

In its day, X-men was about to go belly up, but a certain genius named Chris Claremont changed all that and created a soap opera to end all soap operas. The plots are so good and the characters so amazing you don’t need a battle to rope you in. In fact some issues do not ever have villains or big battle scenes.

If you really want to learn about the X-Men, now is your chance.
WORTH CONSUMING!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment