Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Kaijumax Season Two


Xander Cannon did it again! He crafts this tale of no hold's barred crime and punishment. Full of sinners and very little saints. Cannon illustrates a world in which characters who despite winning my heart wind up as worm food or worse! All the while, the giant monster/prisoner drama breaks my heart and makes me terribly uncomfortable. And yet when the ride is all over- I'm ready for more!

That's how it is with the second season of Kaijumax! An escaped prisoner (about 40 stories tall) defies the odds in order to reunite with his children! A rookie cop (about 40 stories tall) learns what it means to lose a partner and how to break in a new one! A prodigal son (also about 40 stories tall) must make amends with the passing of the estranged father!

While Season Two does carry over several story lines from the previous series, there's all sorts of new characters and angles that are added to the mix. Secrets are revealed. Debts are paid. And yet with everything going on, I would have to say most of the characters, as well as 90% of the island of kaiju prisoners from Season One are largely forgotten. 

Xander Cannon does promise at the end of this book that Season Three will bring it's focus back to the prison. I'm so looking forward to that. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when I will be able to make another visiting day at Kaijumax anytime soon. The pandemic has limited my resources. My library, which has volumes 3-5, is on delivery only and there's a 2-3 week waiting period for check-outs. But man, am I itching for another hit of this comic series that is a cross from HBO's Oz and the Godzilla films!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment