Friday, March 20, 2009

"Scalped Vol. 1: Indian Country"


NOT WORTH CONSUMING

I’ve never read or seen a work about modern Native American life that didn’t have at least a smattering of hope for the future or the Pride of being of noble heritage. Scalped is gritty, raw, dangerous and above all, dark with despair. I know that Native Americans have been given a raw deal and live in the worst of poverties, but when I want to read a comic book, I want the fantasy and allure. Not the local news.

I didn’t enjoy it and I really hated the ending. I couldn’t figure out where it was going. I now know based on research that there is a volume 2. I have no intentions of pursuing it.

Not worth consuming.

(Parental note: with its graphic sex, language, and raw violence- this book is not recommended for those under 18.)

No comments:

Post a Comment