Saturday, August 29, 2009

Essential Spider-Woman, volume 1

I remember owning many of these issues when I was real young. Like 2,3,4. Do I remember anything other than the pictures? Not a bit. But I did like them. I think it had to do with being big on Spider-Man at the time.
So now, 30 years later, I’m back giving them the ole college try. Some of these issues are really good, especially the Marvel two-in-one issues, and the first 7 issues of Spider-woman. But when she starts to become a bounty hunter, the series loses it spark some. The interesting thing about this series is the weirder the story, the better. Plots involving a killer clown, Werewolves, and spies are really kitschy. But, involve an ego-maniac trying to take over L.A. and I couldn’t care less.
BTW, is it just me, or does anything think that the Shroud is a huge knock-off of Batman???

No comments:

Post a Comment