Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Batman: Mitefall"

NOT WORTH CONSUMING

I’m not really sure that this tale qualifies as an Elseworld. It doesn’t carry the imprint, but it is a spin-off of the “Legends of the Dark Knight” series that’s comprised of Elseworld-like adventures. The only reason I read this book, much less added it to my collection is that it was included on Wikipedia’s list of Elseworlds titles.

The art doesn’t work. It’s too raw and childish. Although O’Neil’s art is a perfect fit in his work on “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” series. But here, it’s much too jumbled.

Also, the storyline is a complete mess. Now in all fairness, this problem may stem from the fact that I did not know that this was a sequel to a story arc in the “Legends of the DK” series. Yet, while I am inclined to collect that series in the future, I’m not in dire need to read the prequels any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment