Monday, July 2, 2012

Avengers (2010-2012), Vol. 1


I haven’t read a current Avengers framed story in quite some time. What little I know is piecemeal from reading trade mags and website news. Oh, and lots of Wiki-reading.
So, I found this book in my library and thought that since I had issue 1, I could save myself the trouble of getting the rest of the series and check it out for free.
The Avengers have regrouped once again after the Dark Reign storyline in which heroes were outlawed and the villains ruled and kept the peace. Here, Kang invades the team and warns them that their children will one day destroy the world. Later, it’s discovered that Kang’s battle with the youngsters did more damage than expected by destroying the space-time continuum!
Just about everyone's favorite characters is here- Wolverine, Captain America, Steve Rogers, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, EVEN Spider-man. It’s a time-travel storyline so, it gets a little confusing. But it is still very good. The art is fantastic and the cover gallery is stunning featuring artist favs such as John Romita Jr.
I enjoyed this book very much and I think Marvel’s take on “The Heroic Age” is really good and it makes me want to start reading current Marvel tales again.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment