Monday, August 26, 2013

The Goon, Volume 4: Virtrue and the Grim Consequences Thereof

When Dr. Alloy comes to the Goon and his sidekick Franky for help, the universe may never be the same. The virtuous act of bravery by the Goon results in an evil transformation of Alloy and both the Dr. and Goon being incarcerated.
   The art of Eric Powell is a beautiful mixture of gritty film noir and zany pre-WWII cartoon. I loved every page. The only thing I had trouble with was understanding what Alloy's human/ iguana hybrid is saying. I don't understand a like of Spanish and some subtitles were greatly needed.
  I'm totally hooked on Goon. And if I every find a t-shirt with an image of Dr. Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn, I'm buying 3 of 'em. (Hint, Hint Dark Horse Comics!)

Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment