Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Tick: Big Halloween Special, 2000 Edition


 Tick: Big Halloween Special (1999-2001) #2000
 The Tick and Arthur go on their annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Just when Arthur is about to pick the perfect pumpkin, the squash turn ugly. Soon, the entire crop has morphed into evil jack o'lanterns and are  attacking the city. Assisted with a Punisher-type representative of the USDA, the Tick and Arthur must discover the hive mind behind the Attack of the Killer Pumpkins in order to save All Hallow's Eve.

    I saved this holiday special for Halloween night and it was worth the wait. Written by the dynamic duo of Clay and Susan Griffith, I laughed out loud several times. I shouldn't be surprised at the story quality, though. If Ben Edlund isn't around to write a Tick story, the Griffiths' are my next choice if I'm looking for a Tick-filled laugh. 

    This isn't an easy find. I had to go to the New England Comics Press website in order to finally locate a copy. But NEC has some amazing deals on their Tick stuff, mostly because you're buying direct and not through a middleman. I highly recommend their services as much as I deem this Halloween special...

    Worth Consuming

    Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment