Friday, February 24, 2017

1977: A Madman Turns 40: 2017- Day 55



   Another celeb is having a 40th birthday today. This one comes from the world of boxing. It's undefeated boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr's special day.

     Dear readers, I would watch boxing as a kid and teenager. I really enjoyed Bonecrusher Smith and Marvelous Marvin Hagler. I cheered when Buster Douglas took down Mike Tyson. And I delighted seeing Muhammad Ali any time he came on the screen. I even remember watching one of his last fights as a little tyke on HBO at my Grandmama's house.


    But boy do I hate Floyd Mayweather Jr!

    It's not because of his uber-flashy ring-style or insane spending habits (the Champ is rumored to spend $2,000 a week on haircuts for himself!) No, what I don't like about him is his history of domestic violence. Yes, I know that Ali has been accused of the same issue. However, I didn't know all that when I was little. At 4 or 5, Ali was like real life Superman! 


That's quite a lot of belts...

    So, everytime Mayweather was scheduled to fight, I'd secretly wish upon wishes, that he'd lose. But the guy just kept winning and amassed an impressive 49-0 record with 26 knock-outs. And hey, who knows, maybe the guy has really done a 180 from his at home behaviors. I'm a very forgiving Madman, so here's wishing Pretty Boy a Happy 40!!!

    Well, that's my look at 1977 for today. 

    Until tomorrow- Let's get ready to rummmmmm- Ooops, sorry- copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment