Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Simpsons Comics Shake-Up


It's another collection of Simpsons Comics pick-me-ups starring not just everyone's favorite dysfunctional family but the insane residents of Springfield too! 

In this volume:

  • Homer becomes a defense attorney who actually wins cases due to his unconventional style of lawyering. But does he have what it takes to bust Bart from a seemingly unbeatable arson charge?
  • Mr. Burns frames Homer for selling nuclear materials to enemy agents. While it looks like Homer is going to be doing hard time, he learns that things aren't as bad as they look; even with Sideshow Bob as a jail mate!
  • Then the whole Simpsons clan find themselves as the stars of Krusty's new off-Broadway show: Simpsons: The Musical!
  • Learn what vacation life is like for Snowball II and Santa's Little Helper when the Simpsons head off on a month-long road trip.
  • Lastly, in my favorite story of the bunch, Dr. Nick faces a medical review board and must defend himself as the only doctor in town willing to do the medical work no other self-respecting physician will touch!
That final story was a lot like my all-time favorite episode '23 Short Film About Springfield.' While I love Bart, Homer and Marge, I love it when the episodes focus more on the town folk. It just seems like more unusual and albeit riskier things can be done with those characters than with the Simpsons clan. Although, the creativity of that Attorney Homer story was brilliant! 

Simpsons Comics are always a great pick-me-up during times of great stress. I always seem to find a new collection when I need it most. And right now, as I wait to hear back from a highly desired job interview, I haven't needed a laugh this badly in a very long time. 

Thank you Matt Groening and the staff of Bongo Comics. You will be missed, but not forgotten or unappreciated!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment