Sunday, January 10, 2021

Grimm Fairy Tales 2019 Holiday Special

With it's theme of modernizing fairy tales, Grimm Fairy Tales should be one of my favorite series. But it's legacy of T&A covers keeps me away from this series for the most part. With the addition of Krampus to this storyline, I made a rare exception. 

Krampus plays the role of Crypt Keeper, Zacherly or Svengoolie with his narration of a trio of holiday themed stories; each with their own spooky twist. The level of gore was Tarrantino-esque. But I am a fan of those scary ghost stories set during Christmas-time. 

The individual stories were quite good. And they had perfect twists which make horror stories a comic book staple! But I had a little bit of trouble figuring out the twist ending for Krampus' victim. What? Did you think Krampus just goes around telling scary stories to himself? 

The quality of this holiday special from Zenescope Entertainment was quite high! Thankfully, the main cover was fairly tame. In a way, the carpet didn't match the drapes as the sexuality level of the actual content was virtually non-existent. I might find myself purchasing some, if not all of the past holiday specials. As long as I can find the PG-13 (or better) covers.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment