Monday, March 15, 2021

Marvel Comics Presents #1

I'm not sure if it just finally took me forever to collect this entire anthology series from the 80s and 90s or I just had to finally will myself to knuckle under and buy those final pesky issues. I know I had to dig deep into my pocket for a copy of the final issue as #175 cost me one green-hued portrait of Andrew Jackson.

The series starts off with 4 stories. The first 3 tales are the opening chapters of multi-parters. The cover story sees Wolverine in Madripoor seeking to fulfill the last wishes of a dying man; only to become embroiled in a gang war.

The mindless Man-Thing finds itself in the middle of a political scandal that hearkens to Iran-Contra. Only I don't seem to recall demon worship being a part of Ollie North's guns for hostages plans.

Shang-Chi- The Master of Kung-Fu, returns to Hong Kong and is immediately targeted by old enemies made by both his infamous father and himself.

The last story is a stand alone adventure about a cosmic baddie called the Fear Eater. This guy is a parasite and he's tired of feasting on your standard fear of dying. So the Fear Eater sets his sights on the Silver Surfer! Naturally, a bad idea!

Featuring a host of legendary talent including Al Milgrom, Klaus Janson, and Dave Cockrum. I hope you love anthology comics and Marvel characters. Because you'll going to see a slew of reviews coming your way as I work my way through another 174 issues!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment