Tuesday, July 4, 2006

"It's Superman!" by Tom DeHaven

NOT WORTH CONSUMING

Heck, it’s probably not the Superman you grew up with. Remember watching Batman with Michael Keaton and being shocked that he would sleep with Vicki Vale, and not be either in a long term commitment or married to her? Well, read this book and prepared to feel like I did when I saw Batman for the first time. Lois is a slut, Clark has hardly any morals... and who the heck is Willi Berg?
The only character who is truly the essence of who he’s always been is Lex Luthor.
This book is supposed to be the first of many to retell the origins of DC’s Big 5, as the company begins to recreate its universe…again.
While I did enjoy this book, I cannot recommend it for consuming…maybe I am a comic’s purist… maybe I am a prude, but I just can’t do it. So read this book if you dare!
Oh, yes- one more thing. The cover of this book is beautiful and should be considered one of the 10 best covers of all-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment