Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"300" by Frank Miller


Sin City- there’s obvious genius there. Even some brilliance is shining through in Ronin, but 300 left me flat. Maybe it was the hype from the movie, but to me, it’s like getting the latest Bruce Springsteen CD- its good- but the magic that made the Boss and in this case Frank Miller has gone.

I really thought (Spoiler Alert) that the 300 won. I also thought there was a big climatic pushing of Savages off a cliff- well neither was present in my version. Did I get some super sucky version?

Don’t get me wrong- the book started off great. It just didn’t carry any of the hype of the movie. And for me, that was a big letdown. Plus the ending was like that of Terminator or Castaway- just too gosh darn open ended. I hate that.

So, guys, if you want Classic Frank Miller, read an old issue of Daredevil instead.

Not Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment