Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Dexter in the Dark: A Novel"

WORTH CONSUMING!

Now, I had just cheered someone who hated the whole Molok theme of this book. And I still stand by that cheer. To introduce a new narrator in a series like this does detract somewhat from the essence of what Dexter is all about.

But, I really love the exploration of what makes Dexter tick and the crimes and clues in the book make sense. And Dexter’s friendship with Vince has some real buddy moments that remind me of Lethal Weapon- if Lethal Weapon was made by the E! network.

The role of Dexter’s soon to be step-kids has some really classic moments involving Sgt. Debbie- but some things like the kidnapping gets a real Disney-like ending. I just don’t think that could really happen in real life.

Out of the 3 books (so far…) this is the least of the bunch. But, Dexter is such a great character- I just couldn’t put it down. So, I give it a worth consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment