Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Essential Ant Man, Vol. 1 (Marvel Essentials)"


WORTH CONSUMING!

Dr. Henry Pym, Ant Man, Giant Man…. no wonder this character has had one of the most complex storylines in all of comicdom.

 I really like Hank and his sidekick Jan Van Dyne. I hated when they divorced. I cheered when they were seen as a couple together in the recent Civil War series.

However, for a 60s Marvel series, it gets kinda hokey. However, two of which many consider to be the worst villains of all-time (The Top and Porcupine Man) actually are what makes this volume corny. Mainly, it’s the faux romantic tension between Pym and Van Dyne. Stan Lee never really was the “man” when it came to romantic dialogue.

 Regardless, I enjoyed this book and probably will add it to my collection on a permanent basis.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment