Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marvel Fanfare #28

Marvel Fanfare (1982-1992) #28



I’ve never really been a fan of Alpha Flight. I know Wolverine was once a member and it takes place in Canada. But, aside from those pluses, I’ve just never really liked this distant cousin of the X-Men.

This Fanfare is devoted to an Alpha Flight story that was meant to become a Marvel Graphic Novel but never saw the green light. It focuses on the checkered past of Northstar. However, it’s about his role as a member of a Canadian terrorist cell and not his controversial lifestyle choice- which I think would've made a much more compelling story.

The art is classic Marvel Graphic Novel quality. Lots of watercolors and straight pen-lines. The cast of extras is spanding and it’s a little hard keeping them straight when their names are A, B, C and 1, 2, 3.

Not the worst thing I ever read. But, just not my thing.

Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment