Friday, March 15, 2013

My Favorite Martian 2012 FCBD

For a TV show that hasn’t aired a new episode in 40 years nor been in reruns since the late 80s, I’m not sure why reprints of My Favorite Martian were chosen as a Free Comic Book Day 2012 selection- even if Hyperion Press is releasing the comics in a hardbound form. (Ok- to be honest, I’m not sure why My Favorite Martian needed to be reprinted period.)

The stories were bad- like B-movie Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. But sometimes the art was spot on of a young Bill Bixby and Ray Walston. It’s classic Gold Key movie/tv tie-in in that it's a guilty pleasure to pick out continuity errors and make fun of the horrible plots..It was a pleasant surprise. That doesn't mean I’m gonna run out to my local comic shop and buy the collected edition either.

But, if you are a fan of the series or you love old 60s sitcoms, this series could be right up your alley.

Worth Consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment