Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Hero Standing #1


 Last Hero Standing (2005) #1


Taking place in the near future or a tangent universe, the same one that houses Spider-girl, the Next Avengers, J2, and the Fantastic Five; someone is kidnapping earth’s heroes, young and old.
It’s not quite what I was expecting. With a title like 'Last Hero Standing', I was expecting something on par with Secret Wars, where an entity like the Beyonder was making superheroes fight each other to the death (or near incapacitation) for the future of planet.
It’s an okay story, but the verdict is still out for the entire mini-series. Like I said, it’s not quite what I was expecting. The art is really good and thankfully, Marvel includes a roster sheet at the issue's beginning, as there are lots of faces that I am not yet familiar with.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment