Saturday, May 23, 2015

Teen Titans Go! #7 (series 1)


 

 Starfire's sister Blackfire returns under the guise of spending some time together for some family bonding. Their time together involves Starfire trying to best her older sister at a series of physical challenges. These contests might look innocent to the naive Starfire but her teammates smell a rat and well they should as these tests of might and strength are a ruse for Blackfire who's secretly trying to sell her baby sister back into slavery in return for a pardon of her many intergalactic crimes.

   I really enjoyed this issue as I've finally figured out this series formula. Along with an original story, every issue features at least one brain teaser by Raven, a Beast Boy/ Starfire knock-knock joke, a few factoids by Robin and/ or some other visual gags that are drawn like a Manga. I really didn't give the first Teen Titans cartoon a fair chance so I don't know if that series also had jokes and gags sprinkled throughout the action like this comic. But I'm suspecting that it did.

    I'm very glad that my library has started to carry some of these back issues (in library binding form. This format includes a glossary of terms and some thought provoking questions that are great exercises for up-and-coming writers and cartoonists.) Also, these books are really peaking my interest in watching the show as well collecting this series.

    Lots of potential fun for the entire family.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment