Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's free Sneak Previews of 3 new DC Titles!!!



  Tomorrow marks the final issue of Convergence, the latest reboot to the DC Universe. Now, I'm not going to wax poetic at how I hate for my heroes to be changed or that I secretly enjoy a good reboot- if done right. But last night as I was working on some admin work for the new DC releases, I noticed a new thing has been posted. Make that 3 new things.

   Right now on the DC Comics website, if you browse the new releases you'll find sneak peaks for 3 post-Convergence titles. Those sneak peaks star Batman, the Justice League, and Superman. None of these previews says if these are from Batman #1, JL #1, and Superman #1. For all I know these could preview Detective Comics #1 (2015) and Action Comics #1 (2015)which originally starred the Caped Crusader and the Man of Steel starting in the late 30s.

  Regardless of which titles these actually will be published under, these previews are worth checking out. They run between 10-11 pages each with a one-page update on the character's backstory post-Convergence, and best of all- they are free!

   Normally, I'm anti-eBook but since these are teasers for the actual paper titles due out sometime later this summer, I'm on board with it. The best one involves Superman, who must deal will life as a superhero with an exposed secret identity. (Hint- yes this was a spoiler but this was also a news story on CNN, Yahoo!, and the Soup so the revelation was already out there several weeks before I came along to share this article with you, my dear readers.

Here are the links to the sneak previews:

 For Batman click here.

For Justice League click here.

For Superman click here.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment