Monday, July 13, 2015

Dakota North #3


 Dakota North (1986-1987) #3
Unbeknownst to young Ricky North, he's in possession of a gold pen that contains a deadly toxin. With the item in his pocket, he's now become the target of some very bad people- the very same ones that Ricky's sister Dakota is busy keeping her fashion designer client Luke safe from. That's going to be hard to do as Luke's just been kidnapped. Without big sis in the picture, Ricky hasn't got a chance. Good thing the assassin marked to take him down has just fallen in love with the young man and whisked him away to Paris!

    With Dakota playing bodyguard and Ricky playing the fool, I just don't understand why this series didn't take off. I know I am in part to blame as I had the chance to read this series when I was in 5th grade and I passed. But I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as this is more of a grown-up comic. 

    There's no swears or nudity. But the level of humor is more aimed at the 16-29 crowd. Plus, with references to fashion designers, politicians, and obscure authors, I am sure that no matter how much older I was for my age, most of this series would have gone directly over my head.

   Hopefully, Marvel will one day give the North siblings another chance because with their lack of superpowers and twisted senses of humor, they are a breath of fresh air in a medium that is stagnant with mutants, vigilantes, and cosmic gods.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment