Monday, August 29, 2016

Flashpoint: Abin Sur- The Green Lantern #2

  After having crashed landed on earth, it looks like Abin Sur will spend the rest of his days under the microscope of scientists at the Superman Project. But seeing the alien as a new weapon against the Amazonian/ Atlantean threat, the President of the United States enlists Hal Jordan to act as a the Green Lantern's partner in conducting rescue and seek and destroy missions in war-torn Europe.
    But as Abin Sur assists in the war in Europe, the clock is ticking for the Green Lantern to complete the mission given to him by the Guardians: destroy the earth to prevent a dangerous weapon hidden in the planet's core from being used by an unknown alien force. Assigned to put him back on task, Sinestro intercepts Abin Sur. With Sinestro being at odds with the Guardians will he good against their orders or will Abin Sur have to fight his best friend and fellow Lantern to the death?
    Not my favorite chapter of the numerous Flashpoint tie-ins. There's so many flashbacks, that the action never gets a chance to get rolling. But, the pacing isn't my biggest reason for not liking this book- it's the length.
    After I finished this issue, I thought that it felt a little light. So, I went back and counted the number of pages that contained storyline. There was only 18-pages of story! I kid you not; every other page was an advertisement.
    In contrast, I looked back at some other tie-in issues. Knight of Vengeance #2 has 22 pages of story whereas Green Lantern Industries #1 had 29. Where's the consistency??? And if I had paid the full price of $2.99 for this issue, I'd be majorly pissed! Thankfully, I only paid a quarter, but still there's a standard of consistency and quality that just wasn't there in this issue. Bad form DC editors!
   
   Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment