Sunday, August 28, 2016

Flashpoint: Citizen Cold #2

   The Rogues of Central City come gunning for Citizen Cold. Using Snart's sister Lisa as bait, can the anti-hero keep his wits or will his family attachments result in Citizen Cold losing his cool?
    A very interesting chapter. Before the epic throw-down, there's a really great scene where Cold is flirting really hard with Iris West. She's only interested in the story but seeing Snart's amorous attempts crash and burn was actually really funny. Usually, it's the hero in their secret identity that has trouble with the ladies. Having the 'hero' fail was pretty clever.
     The one thing I wasn't a fan of in this Flashpoint tie-in was the art. I liked the color palette used by Michael Atiyeh but I'm still not digging the art. Scott Kolins, who does double duty as writer and artist should leave the pencils to someone else. The anatomy is off but not in a 90's over-muscled way. One scene might have Iris sporting a gigantic head with tiny Donald Trump-like hands and it the next scene, she's got calves the size of well, baby calves. 
     Now I know that I'm no Picasso, (okay,with my carpal tunnel, maybe I am) but the point is, I understand that I'm not a comic book artist. My artistry in is my skills as a Professional Chef. I can whip up some great food, but I leave drawing to those skilled with a pen and paper. But while I love the story, I am just not digging the artwork.

   Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment