Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Little Book of Wonder Woman


     Wonder Woman has never been a hotter commodity until now. The live-action film, (which I still haven't seen yet) is a smash hit. Plus, with the release of the Justice League movie later this fall, the Amazonian Princess is going to be on everyone's radar for quite a while.

      That's why I decided to read this book now. A birthday present from last year, the Little Book of Wonder Woman is filled with over 190 pages of rare sketches, never before seen photos, and stills from her many cartoon appearances. Plus there are tons of covers and panels from favorite artists such as George Perez, Nick Cardy, and Brian Bolland. 
   
      Little bigger than a standard paperback novel, this book is a quick read that will make for some very enjoyable summer reading. The Little Book of Wonder Woman includes an essay on Diana by legendary DC scribe, Paul Levitz. It's very insightful but then again just about anything Levitz writes is great to me. 

      Oddly enough, the essay is translated in French and German. I understand why this book went with French as DC has a huge following in France and French Canada. But why German? I would have thought the Levitz dissertation would be in Spanish. I'd even understand if it was in Greek with Wonder Woman being associated so closely with Greek gods.

       There's also a Little Book of Batman; as well as a Superman volume. I have the Batman edition and based on how much I enjoyed this book, that one's next on my list.

        Worth Consuming!

         Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment